The art of paper carving has been around for two hundred years. With artists delving into inventing different techniques all over the world, the art form is filled with variety, from graphic carvings to two-dimensional and three-dimensional carvings. The visual diversity of the art has allowed it to break through the framework of graphic art, while paper carving artists from different countries have given various cultural depths to their works.
WU Ching-Fang has been a paper carving artist for almost thirty years. Apart from her atmospheric works, WU’s creations are also seen in television commercials and theater stages, and as stamps, cards, phone cards, paper carving clocks, accessories, and other aesthetic items in everyday life. WU’s works have broadened the usage of paper carving and promoted the art form, inserting art and aesthetic appreciation into our everyday lives.
Throughout the six-hour-workshop in December, WU Ching-Fang will be teaching participants how to make Christmas door hangers in the special course dedicated to Christmas. Participants will gain understanding into the changes in layers of paper carving, while the process of making your own delicate paper carving Christmas door hangers will definitely be a fun experience.
作品介紹 | About the Workpiece
Paper Carving Christmas Door Hanger
工作坊招生及課程需求說明 | Admission and Course Requirements
1. Prospective Participants: NCCU students, staff members, and anyone interested in paper art. This workshop is more suitable for adults.
2. Number of Places: 25-30 people (the final participant list may be adjusted according to the number of application)
3. Application Date: 2019.11.1 -2019.11.20 (Application will be closed once all places are taken)
4. Application Method: Online
5. Required Tools: Scissors, pencil, box cutter, cutting mat
6. Material Purchasing: Includes Italian watercolor paper, Japanese watercolor paper, cardboard, tracing paper, gold ribbon, gold matte bell, bead chain, roll bar, foam board, toothpick. Each set is priced approximately 200 TWD. Applicants whose application have been confirmed should make the payment to the workshop administrator in office 504 of NCCU Art & Culture Center before 2019.11.20. Place of applicants who cannot make the payment before the deadline will be given to those on the waiting list.
WU Ching-Fang Paper Sculpture Art Studio—Christmas Door Hanger DIY
Sun. 8. Dec. 2019 10:00-16:00 (The workshop will be continued during lunch break, participants can feel free to leave for dining)
Yi-Sin Studio, 4F of NCCU Art & Culture Center
WU Ching-Fang│ Paper Carving Artist