This May, a month of thanksgiving, YANG Ching-Yi will be teaching the method of making unique handmade books and card drawings at the Nian Hua Yi Ji Cotton Paper Tearing Drawing Workshop. Apart from a gaining a deeper appreciation for the beauty of cotton paper tearing drawings, the finished works also convey gratitude and blessing.
Cotton paper tearing drawings are made by piecing and sticking together torn cotton paper that have long fiber to create different shapes. The unique style creates moving and refreshing artistic effects. The tearing process results in irregular edges that make up rough and blurry outlines that can create imageries that cannot be seen through cutting and drawing methods. The clouds, water, colours, reflections, distant misty mountains, animal feathers, and texture of flower petals within the scene are all naturally depicted.
Even those who aren’t equipped with drawing skills will be able to create moving works with a little curiosity and patience!
作品介紹 | About the Workpiece
1. Handmade books: The cotton paper tearing drawings made in the workshop are used in the handmade books, making each book one of its kind. No matter what the design of the drawing is, it represents our sentiments and blessings to ourselves. These books are perfect gifts for the self, wishing ourselves good health; for parents, wishing them health and longevity, and for grandchildren, with blessings that they will grow up happily. These handmade works will undoubtedly be cherished by many.
2. Card drawings: Card drawings that are in the same size as handmade books (Select one of the following: A. Carnation B. Panda with sky lantern)
課程規劃 | About the Course
3. 報名日期：108.4.1 -108.4.20。（額滿即截止報名）
1. Prospective Participants: NCCU students, staff members, and anyone interested in paper art. This workshop is more suitable for adults.
2. Number of Places: 25-30 people (the final participant list may be adjusted according to the number of application)
3. Application Date: 2019.4.1 -2019.4.20 (Application will be closed once all places are taken)
4. Application Method: Online
5. Required Tools: Prepared by the teacher.
6. Material Purchasing: Includes one handmade book and a piece of card drawing. priced 150 TWD. Applicants whose application have been confirmed should make the payment to the workshop administrator in office 504 of NCCU Art & Culture Center before 2019.4.20. Place of applicants who cannot make the payment before the deadline will be given to those on the waiting list.
Nian Hua Yi Ji —Cotton Paper Tearing Drawing Workshop
Sat. 4. May. 2019 13:30-16:30
Yi-Sin Studio, 4F of NCCU Art & Culture Center
YANG Ching-Yi│ Director of Nian Hua Yi Ji , Cotton Paper Tearing Drawing Lecturer