This workshop seeks to magically transform everyday life experiences into motivation to dance. The instructors verbally guide participants to establish connections between individuals at the level of mental perceptions and physical sensations, developing their ability to use their emotions and other mental states as they give rise to feelings to influence the movements of the limbs. The content of the Sense of Body Workshop mainly consists of the following:
1. Warm-up exercises: Building on the concepts of yoga and incorporating the floor movements of contemporary dance, this part enables participants to experience physical development approaches different from those of classical dance in addition to conveying the importance of warming up and protection.
2. Verbal guidance: Apart from providing guidance regarding dance movement, instructors will establish contextual rules with the aim of leading participants in understanding and appreciating extemporaneous dance using verbal encouragement.
3. Dance speed exercises: This workshop will make practical use of one of the most important elements of choreography: speed. Instructors will lead participants in this final segment of this workshop to experience the effect of different speeds on their dance movements and to better understand the development and creative concepts focusing on a sense of speed behind the work "Slit”.
Details for Applying to the Workshop
1. Eligible participants: NCCU students, faculty and staff who may be interested in dance creative works and physical development.
2. Participant limit: 20-25, this number may be adjusted depending on the participant’s eligibility and is to be determined by the workshop instructors.
3. Time of application: Registration for this workshop can be made online from April through April 24, 2017.