Two instructors utilize games and real performance training to allow participants to get to know their bodies, initiate using their bodies to tell a story. This workshop will be carried out in three separate sessions.
1. Performer physical training: Including core muscle conditioning, physical and spatial contact improvisation and combined movements. The goal is to understand your own body through games and practice.
2. Context photographs: Entering into a situation of play through practicing sculpture of the human body.
3. Language and Body: Starting from movement development, to discover different meanings and manifestations in language.
Details for Applying to the Workshop
1. Eligible participants: NCCU students, faculty and staff interested in dance creative works and physical development.
2. Participant limit: 20-25, This number may be adjusted depending on each participant’s eligibility and will be decided by workshop instructors.
3. Application period: Registration for this workshop can be made online from March 1 through March 22, 2017.